Searching for Long Beach Financial Advisor Related? You have found the right place!
At JST, you can trade stocks and Exchange Traded Products (ETP)s listed on all the major U.S. exchanges (NYSE, AMEX, NASDAQ) and unlisted over-the-counter (OTC) securities. We cater to clients in Long Beach and surrounding cities.
Stocks are a type of security that give stockholders a share of ownership in a company. Investors and financial advisors buy stocks for various reasons, including:
- The potential for capital appreciation, which occurs when a stock rises in price
- The potential for dividend payments, which come when the company distributes some of its earnings to stockholders
- The ability to vote shares and influence the company
Exchange Traded Products (ETPs)
ETPs include various investment structures that track an underlying benchmark, index or portfolio of securities. There are two types of ETPs available at JST:
Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
Like mutual funds, ETFs are securities that allow investors to pool their money in a fund that invests in assets such as stocks, bonds and other assets. However, ETFs have key differences compared to mutual funds:
- Shares are able to trade intra-day on a national exchange at market prices that may vary from net asset value instead of being issued and redeemed at the end of the day at the net asset value.
- Most ETFs are index-based which seek to track a securities index. Index-based ETFs may often have lower expense ratios.
Exchange Traded Notes (ETNs)
ETNs are a senior, unsecured, unsubordinated debt security issued by an underwriting bank which, similar to other debt securities, has a maturity date and is backed only by the credit of the issuer. ETNs trade on exchanges and promise a return linked to a market index or other benchmark. The return on an ETN is based on:
- Price changes, if sold prior to maturity
- The payment, if any, if the ETN is held to maturity or otherwise redeemed by the issuer
Like other ETPs, the market price of an ETN can differ from its indicative value, sometimes substantially.
Investors research of an attractive sector, may like a couple of stocks and an exchange-traded products that fit their criteria. Now the decision, “do I buy the stocks or the ETF?” Investors encounter this question every day. Many are under the impression that if you buy an ETF, you are stuck with receiving the average return in the sector. This is not necessarily true, depending on the characteristics of the sector. JST has the experience and knowledge to evaluate what’s most appropriate for your individual goals. Let us take the stress out of these types of decisions. You have better things to do!
You are seeing this page because you searched for Financial Advisor in Long Beach